Saturday, March 10, 2012

When you wish upon a duck...


When I was about 7 years old, I wrote a letter to Walt Disney asking when Pinocchio was coming to the theater near me. About a month later, I received a package from the studio with prints of Pinocchio, 101 Dalmations and Cinderella if I remember correctly. And of course, I do. It was one of those truly magical childhood memories. A dream come true!

Well, low and behold, kiddos.. it happened to me again yesterday. Mr. Mailman brought me a giant package with some beautiful art by my "cartoon mentor" and artist extraordinaire, Tim Oliphant. Of course, I shouldn't say I was totally surprised. I'd told Tim I really liked that duck and he said he would send it to me.

Tim's art is so good that...Well, I don't have to tell you how good it is. Just look at it! It not only takes years of dedication to the craft of illustration, but a whole heapin' heartful of humanity to draw a duck like this. Quack. Quack. I kid you not. Plus, look at that little guy with the sign in one hand and the balloon in the other. Have you ever seen a better envelope? I have not.

I'm framing this duck and hanging it next to our Picasso print in the dining room. I'm sure the geometric cubist lady won't mind one bit sharing her red wall with this beautiful creature.

Check out more of Tim's work here. You can also book his cartooning workshop through Young Audiences and he sells his pastel animal prints, too. They make great gifts for children aged 3-103.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked blog on facebook